Saturday, February 3, 2018

Personal Digest Saturday: January 27 – February 2

Life news this week:
  • Saturday was a pretty dang good day. I got my blogging done early and did some organizing on Amino, and then Jeaux came to get me so we could go to St. Petersburg. We found parking after a little bit of searching, ate at a yummy grilled cheese place, and got into the They Might Be Giants concert for free because we were on the guest list. We used earplugs because we're old dorks. :D The concert was good and I bought the band's latest CD!
  • Sunday it rained almost all day. I did karaoke and my Amino profile rebuild all day, plus some goofing off, texting with my friend Ralph about cartoons, and watching silly reaction videos.
  • Monday I came to the office and my lost keys were NOT on my desk or in the bathroom, so that was bad. But then my office's bookkeeper found them in the hallway on a windowsill! Don't know how they got there. But now I don't have to replace all my keys and change the locks. :P At work I had to put in a design ticket which is the first time I've had to do it, and also dealt with a letter of response and roll plots all over the floor. When I came home I drew a dorky drawing of Gem characters crossing the street holding hands. And I started a crystal growing kit and did my laundry.
  • Tuesday I helped with another letter at work and wrote some book reviews and posted pictures of new merchandise. Also processed concert photos and got my writing webcomic posted. I fell asleep, woke up, did laundry, and went back to sleep.
  • Wednesday I updated some databases at work. Then went to CiCi's pizza with Jeaux and went to Target for groceries and stuff. We just chilled looking at cartoon things. I fell asleep on the couch covered in plushies. I wish I had a picture because I bet it was cute.
  • Thursday I got to work early and worked on database stuff. I also summarized the Steven Universe podcast on Tumblr and it was a really good one. I met friends at Fuzzy's, a taco shop, and my friend Ralph gave me a DVD back that he'd borrowed and I got to meet one of his friends who took me home. I tried to paint my fingernails like a cartoon character's but that failed pretty bad. Then I talked to Victor on the phone and drew my comic.
  • Friday I got my butt kicked by my Access database but I got it sorted out. After work I wrote up my old post about bagel sandwiches for Amino and it made the front page (for the fortieth time). Came home and finished my comic drawings and posted them. I am coming down with some kind of illness so I felt crappy and went to bed early after that.
Interviews, Articles, Mentions:
  • For some reason Maclean's recycled an old article about me on their Facebook this week. Comments filled up with people saying I have a chemical imbalance and that I can't find a man to have sex with me, balanced with people insisting that this is not news and does not need education. Yawn.
Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. Five-star review.
  • Currently readingEyeshield 21 Volume 28 by Riichiro Inagaki & Yusuke Murata.
    New singing performances:

    This week's song was "Live to Tell" by Madonna.




    New drawings: 


    Crystal Gems and allies holding hands crossing the street.
    Because Steven said so.




    Webcomic So You Write Issue 80: "Diverse."








    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0664: "Dialed Down."






    New videos:

    None.

    New photos:

    Just got some photos from the They Might Be Giants concert. The ones in the crowd are taken by Jeaux because photos I take are of people's backs.










    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,270 for swankivy (lost 3), 660 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 907 for swankivy (3 new), 1,324 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Facebook: 297 friends (no change) and 202 followers (no change) for swankivy, 659 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (2 new). Tumblr followers: 2,510 (no change). Instagram followers: 133 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment