Saturday, November 4, 2017

Personal Digest Saturday: October 28 – November 3

Life news this week:
  • Not a great day for a Halloween party since I was throwing up the night before and felt pretty miserable throughout the day. I didn't get to eat my party food. But I did feel pretty decent by the time the guests started arriving and did have a good time! I made the last two items (muffins) in the morning and sort of slowly got dishes and serving tools out to have everyone over, and a nap helped. I had FIVE party attendees wearing Steven Universe costumes, with three wearing unrelated costumes and one person not in costume. My friends Jodi and Ben stayed overnight because they were from out of town, so my guestroom got some use too! It was a pretty good time.
  • Sunday I relaxed, cleaned up a little, talked to Mom, drew some fanart, did some laundry, and took it easy.
  • Monday I did marketing stuff at work and felt pretty crappy. I drew another picture at home. And I found out Steven Universe is FINALLY COMING BACK WITH NEW EPISODES NEXT WEEK after the longest hiatus it has EVER HAD, so YES I AM REALLY, REALLY EXCITED.
  • Tuesday I worked from home, but was really busy all day doing two transcripts. Since it was Halloween, I put on a costume when evening came. I was dressed as Steven himself. It was funny. I did get some trick-or-treaters too! And then later Jeaux came over with his PlayStation because the Steven Universe game came out and I wanted to play it. He's letting me borrow the console. :)
  • Wednesday I worked on utility coordination and marketing at work. Jeaux picked me up and we ate at a place called Asian Wok. (I had tofu with lo mein!) Then we went to my place and listened to/watched various things we like while I drew silly pictures. After he left I played the video game some more.
  • Thursday I worked from home again because I needed a repair guy to fix my dryer. I waited all day and he came pretty much at the end of the day and the repair only took him like 15 minutes. :) I did marketing database stuff from my couch. And later I talked to Victor on the phone and drew my webcomic.
  • Friday I worked on marketing and proposal prep, and at home I posted my comic, played the video game, and finished drawing a very silly fan comic about hugs.

New reviews of my book:

  • There's a separate version of my book on Goodreads now that is separated out for a reason I don't know. Someone on Goodreads rated that version three stars with no review this week. Dunno.

Articles, Interviews, Mentions:




Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: I didn't finish the Night Vale book because I kept skipping the bus again. Next week I'll get it done.
  • Currently reading: It Devours! by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor.
    New singing performances:

    This week's song was "Wonderboy" by Tenacious D, which is a joke song so don't be weirded out by how sort of strange and vaguely gross it is.




    New drawings: 


    What it might look like if Amethyst did a Garnet
    shapeshift impression. (She shapeshifts a lot in the show
    but has never imitated Garnet for some reason.)
    Garnet imitating Steven's morning stretchies
    And check out this really cute and cheesy comic I did:







    (A bonus:)






    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0651: "Scary Things."






    New videos:

    I didn't make time to do a ukulele video this week, but I did do a new writing video called 10 Myths about Publishing.



    New photos:

    Okay, here's some food:


    Autumn leaf cookies

    Molasses-ginger animal cookies

    Pumpkin brownies

    Pumpkin pies

    Cream cheese pumpkin roll
    The brownies and both cookies were vegan! The banana muffins and pumpkin muffins I made were not pictured.

    Now costumes:


    Me as Stevonnie!

    Look at my belleh

    Good likeness? Stevonnie's really tall though.
    Why do Fusions have to be so big?

    Derek's costume: He came as young Greg Universe.

    Good likeness? I think he looks really good.

    Ben came as an obscure Steven Universe character:
    Percy from the in-show drama Camp Pining Hearts.

    Ben's character Percy, with poutine.

    And Joy came as Mystery Girl from Steven Universe.

    Good likeness huh? She's a human from the show
    who happens to look a lot like Rose Quartz.
    Pearl gets a crush on her.

    Michael in his vaguely piratey clothes.

    Rachael's outfit. Drinking my hot apple cider.

    Victor as an amazing necromancer. He made this costume at home.

    Michael and Rachael.

    Five Steven Universe costumes in one house!
    Jeaux is back there as Tiger Philanthropist.

    Stevonnie Selfie.

    Jeaux with his tie on (so he's still Tiger Millionaire).
    Victor with his mask off.

    I was cold and hiding under my Garnet blanket.

    Joy, Victor, and Jodi.

    Room full of friends.

    Pals eating stuff and talking about nerdy things.
    And now for actual Halloween day:


    Creepy mask but no one was scared.
    Playing Save the Light, the SU game.

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,285 for swankivy (lost 2), 657 for JulieSondra (5 new). Twitter followers: 898 for swankivy (4 new), 1,332 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 296 friends (1 new, Michael's girlfriend Rachael accepted my friend request) and 203 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 653 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,492 (1 new). Instagram followers: 125 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment