Saturday, September 2, 2017

Personal Digest Saturday: August 26 – September 1

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday I had to work all day. I was doing some proposal stuff and spent about eleven hours working from home, with a break to go car shopping with Jeaux. He decided on a car but there was a small seatbelt-related recall item that needed to be replaced so we did some preparation and planned to get it later in the week.
  • Sunday I did some transcript work for my boss and did a bunch of packing. It's coming along, but not fast enough. I still did some music performances and ate a whole bunch of rice. I also made a video for my writing channel and drew some Steven Universe comics.
  • Monday was a little rough--we had to do most of the proposal at the office and I had to stay late to get it done. I went home before it was done because the last part to do was all in my boss's hands. My co-worker gave me a ride home which was nice 'cause it was raining. I drew a few pictures and fell asleep early.
  • Tuesday was very early work for me--I came in and organized the production and submission of our proposal, and we had it taken to Casselberry by a courier. Then I met up with Jeaux after work and we got his car! I cosigned the loan. He took me out to eat and we watched the new live-action The Tick series. I wanted to watch it with him because we met partially because we both liked The Tick!
  • Wednesday I rushed through composing a transcript for my boss and then did some proofreading. Then I took the bus home and Jeaux picked me up in his new car to eat at Beef O'Brady's and we also did grocery shopping and watched People of Earth and more of The Tick. It was going to be his last day of work, too! Before starting his new job! After he left I did more packing.
  • Thursday I had a day off because I worked all weekend. I spent it packing and getting the cashier's check ready for my new house. I also did a cool joint post finally with the person I collaborated with on Amino. (I did the art and they did the writing.) We didn't get picked for the front page but it was still fun! I also filed a report against the guy who ripped me off on eBay (by not sending my item and then dragging his feet over refunding my money). Guess they'll handle it.
  • Friday I had another scheduled day off because of all the extra time I put in on the proposals earlier in the week. I went to my new house with my mom and signed the paperwork and gave them the deposit. We hung out at the house for several hours talking about how to use the space and doing the initial walk-through to document what's wrong with it. My mom helped me get some boxes for packing and then we ate at Olive Garden and she took me home. I rushed through drawing my webcomic so I could post in time!
New reviews of my book:

Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: Nothing, I've been pretty busy and not using my bus time for reading as much as I should.
  • Currently reading: Stormy Weather by Carl Hiaasen.
    New singing performances:

    This week I performed "Want You Gone" from Portal.

     


    New drawings: 


    Webcomic So You Write Issue 75: "Copyright."








    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0642: "Snow Angels."






    New videos:

    My latest writing video is called "Flipping the Script." It's about how it's probably a bad idea to take a marginalized experience and "flip" it so the oppression is happening to a majority population.




    My latest unlisted ukulele video is "The Christians and the Pagans" by Dar Williams. I got this recording on my first try of the song for some reason! Guess it's just really easy.




    New photos:


    Jeaux with his new car, Funsize.


    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,288 for swankivy (no change), 645 for JulieSondra (lost 5). Twitter followers: 877 for swankivy (no change), 1,339 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 293 friends (no change) and 204 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 657 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,503 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 122 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment