Saturday, June 10, 2017

Personal Digest Saturday: June 3 – June 9

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday I ate cheeseballs for breakfast. I cleaned up my apartment and blogged some stuff, and I went to the store and watched some cartoons and drew some pictures. And I got to open some toys I bought. I still don't have a complete set. Waah! Curse these blind bag things!
  • Sunday was a little gathering at Mom's because my sister was in town. We ate burritos, macaroni and cheese, and corn. I got to see Lindsay and her husband Mike. We had some good chatting. Then I went home and drew pictures and did laundry.
  • Monday I decided to start rebuilding my website section by section. I started with the art page and began building it on a new secret subdomain. When it's done I'll link my existing pages to it and phase out the old one. It could do with a style update and a content face lift. But I'm still mostly going to keep a lot of the old stuff--just in such a way that it doesn't look like it's recent. Also it was rainy. I practiced ukulele at home after work and drew some pictures of Steven Universe characters.
  • Tuesday was work, more art page, and more ukulele practice. I finally recorded a ukulele song (I usually do it on Sunday, but I was busy). I ended up falling asleep early.
  • Wednesday I kept missing the rain every time I had to go out! I'm magic. I worked on the art page, wrote a storyboard, and did some blogging. I met Jeaux and we ate at Flipper's and then went to my place for Night Vale and chilling. I took some pictures of my cartoon merchandise to post on a website.
  • Thursday I did some document stuff at work, worked on my art page, and got a ride home with Mom! She and I hung out all evening and when she left I talked to Victor and drew webcomics.
  • Friday I finished reading a terrible book and reviewed it, worked on the art page, ordered pizza with a co-worker, and went home to draw webcomics and play with my toys. I have a cool life.

    New reviews of my book:


        Reading progress:
        • Finished this week: Pardon Me, You're Stepping On My Eyeball! by Paul Zindel. One-star review.
        • Currently reading: Avatar: The Rift: Volume 1 by Michael Dante DiMartino & Bryan Konietzko.
          New singing performances:

          This week I performed "Standing Still" by Jewel.

           

          New drawings: 

          A new Steven Universe character! Her name is Rhodonite.
          She's a scaredy-cat but she reminds me of Garnet and she's cute.
           
          A new character group picture! These guys are known as the Off Colors.
          Their names are Rhodonite, Fluorite, Padparadscha, and the Rutile Twins. :)




          Webcomic Negative One Issue 0630: "Grounded."






          New videos:

          My latest unlisted ukulele video is "One Song Glory" from RENT. I was having trouble remembering what part of the song I was on so I just put the lyrics on my screen outside the frame and that's why I'm looking over there sometimes.




          New photos:

           
          Lindsay's husband Mike relaxing while the doggie plays

          I drew pictures of my Backpack Hangers toys.

          Social Media counts:
           
          YouTube subscribers: 5,297 for swankivy (1 new), 640 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 867 for swankivy (4 new), 1,341 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 292 friends (no change) and 206 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 651 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (1 new), 125 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,493 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 112 (lost 2).

          No comments:

          Post a Comment