Saturday, December 31, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: December 24 – December 30

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday was Christmas Eve, so I went to my mom's house and hung out with my family. Jeaux had rented a car to go see his family the next day, so he was able to drive me to Mom's and came with me to eat the dinner and share in the present extravaganza. My brother-in-law Mike talked to Jeaux about video games, I chatted with my mom and sister Lindsay, and then later my sister Patrica, brother-in-law Yusuke, and nephew Ash came home from a party. We ate some food on the good china, opened a bunch of presents, and ate a Yule Log cake I'd baked. It was a great day, plus I got the final figure in the mail to complete my Funko Pint Size Heroes Steven Universe collection. ;)
  • Sunday was Christmas, so I went to my mom's again. I played with my nephew for a bunch of the morning--he can really tire you out. Then he went for a nap so Sister P and I chose a brownie recipe to make, made two-tone brownies, and played our ukuleles. Mike and Lindsay came over in the evening after dinner and we hung out some more and watched Ash play with toys. After the festivities, I had to go home and pack a suitcase, because . . .
  • Monday I went out of town to Madeira Beach with my sister P, Yusuke, and Ash. Before we left I managed to get some karaoke and ukulele recording done, and then we stopped in to have lunch with my grandpa, visited my grandma in the home, and went on to our vacation destination. It was a cute two-bedroom beach house and my sister and I headed on out to buy groceries after we got settled. We cooked dinner together--pasta--and also made a raspberry coffee cake and an egg frittata. I played hide-and-seek with Ash.
  • Tuesday I was using a vacation day to hang out at the beach with my family. We had breakfast together, went to the beach and played in the sand (and I finished reading a manga!), and had some people over (friends of my sister and brother-in-law). We ate some delicious food and I did some computer stuff while hanging out with them, and then when everyone either went to nap or go to the beach, I stayed behind and did some drawing and alone time. Later everyone came back and we had some light dinner. I watched some cartoons with my nephew and Patricia and I played ukulele again. So fun!
  • Wednesday we left the beach house. It was a nice little morning together but I was ready to be home. I unpacked and chilled for a couple hours until Jeaux Day. Then Jeaux and I walked over to McAlister's Deli and I had a great grilled cheese sandwich with tomato. We watched some more episodes of People of Earth, and after he left I doodled fan comics.
  • Thursday I caught up on some graphics projects at work, caught up on vacation stuff at home, and chatted to Victor on the phone while drawing my webcomic.
  • Friday I worked early and ended up by myself in the office for some of the day. I did some more graphics work, did some more file organization, and went to the grocery store on the way home. I processed my comic, cleaned up the clutter in my house, washed dishes, and made a new video for my writing channel.
    Reading progress:
      New singing performances:

      This week's performance was "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper.(Maybe bad quality because I did it on a different computer.)



      New drawings: 




      Webcomic Negative One Issue 0607: "The Beginning of the End."






      New videos:

      My latest writing video is about writing fanfiction, with some perspectives and discussions.


      My latest unlisted ukulele video is "I Think I Need a Little Change" from Steven Universe.


      New photos:

      Oh boy.

      CHRISTMAS EVE:

      Christmas tree selfie
      Dog selfie
      Uncle Mike plays with Ash
      Table set with china!
      Family choosing gifts to open.
      Making progress on opening.
      Jeaux got a gift!
      Aunt Lindsay enjoys Ash.
      Ash IS a present.
      Keychain I bought L.
      Stylish sister P.
      Candid except for the dog.

      CHRISTMAS DAY:

      Ash got a BIG coloring book.
      Upside-down boy!
      Mommy P in the tracks.
      Knitting turns you into THIS.
      Glowing car visits Ash's foot!
      Amazing tracks!
      Mom with daughter & son-in-law.
      Ash's first Pop Rocks!
      Gift from Sister L!

      And the beach mini-vacation: 


      Ice cream after mac n' cheese.
      Raspberry coffee cake!
      Contemplative morning kid.
      Sandy truck kid!
      Beach nerd.
      Playing with his dorky aunt.
      Beach family.
      Ash was a tad afraid of the water.
      Bet he was tired of taking pics.

      And I'd like to introduce you to the cutest raspberry devourer ever.

       
      Social Media counts:
       
      YouTube subscribers: 5,317 for swankivy (lost 3), 617 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 862 for swankivy (no change), 1,328 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 294 friends (1 new, friended Pearl to do toy trades) and 208 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 646 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 127 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,491 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 100 (1 new).

      No comments:

      Post a Comment