Saturday, December 24, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: December 17 – December 23

Life news this week: 
  • ANOTHER BUSY AND EVENTFUL WEEK HAS BEEN HAD
  • Saturday was nuts. I knocked out blogging and cake-making in the daytime, and then Eric came and got me in the evening to go to Drink and Draw. It was a special event in St. Petersburg because our usual place couldn't host us that day. We had a great time and I drew comics and fan art. Got to see Joy and a few others, too!
  • Sunday I got up super early and saw Eric out (he slept over), and then I finished up some cake stuff, washed dishes, and got ready to go to Sarasota with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew. We had a GREAT time going out to see Dad, Connie, Grandma, and Grandpa. We had some Panera food, visited Grandma at the home, did some presents, hung out at Dad's for a while, and went back to my mom's for dinner (stir-fry) and Ash's birthday cake (a couple days early). I made strawberry cake and my sister put trains on it! It was truly an excellent day!
  • Monday I sent some packages, started applying to jobs online, and began some packing at work. Cleaning out my desk is crappy. :( After work I was an extreme nerd and bought toys at GameStop, but I got one of the blind bag toys I wanted! I spent a bunch of the evening setting up nerdy trades with other nerds online. Wow I've got it bad. Also did some ukulele practice.
  • Tuesday I did a decent amount of purging at the office, attended our office's farewell lunch at GrillSmith, recorded a ukulele song, and applied for some more jobs.
  • Wednesday I went to work early. I sent some packages, applied for some jobs, did more file purgings at work, and met Jeaux to eat at WOW Burger. We also went to the comic book store and I got my new issue of the Steven Universe 2016 Special #1. I'm so happy about it. We watched an episode of the show People of Earth and listened to Night Vale, and we exchanged gifts! I gave him two Steven Universe shirts and candy, and he gave me a Cookie Cat hat and Steven Universe gloves. Wow we're nerds. After he left I made a video.
  • Thursday I just worked on box purges some more, and after work I talked to Victor on the phone and it was a really good talk! I got a bunch of webcomics drawn as well.
  • Friday I processed a BUNCH of old stuff at work--I'm sorting boxes and files into recycle, review, or keep piles for my boss. After, I went grocery shopping for a few li'l things, got some fun mail, and went home. I posted both of my webcomics and talked to Meggie on the phone while redecorating for Yuletide, and then afterwards I made a Yule Log Cake. (It turned out ugly but it will still taste good.)

New reviews of my book:
      Interviews, Features, Mentions:
        • Newp.
          Reading progress:
          • Finished this week: Steven Universe 2016 Special #1 by Rebecca Sugar and Ayme Sotuyo. (This is a short comic book.) Five-star review.
          • Currently reading: Eyeshield 21: Volume 26 by Riichiro Inagaki and Yusuke Murata.
            New singing performances:

            This week's performance was "Run to You" by Whitney Houston.



            New drawings: 

            Pearl doodle I did for one of the people I traded toys with online.




            Webcomic Negative One Issue 0606: "Not Here to Ask."







            Webcomic So You Write Issue 67: "The Hard Part."








            New videos:

            My latest asexuality video is "Letters to an Asexual #42" which is about asexuality tropes in fiction.



            My latest unlisted ukulele video is "All of Me" by John Legend.



            New photos:

            Got a lot of photos this week because Ash is kind of an irresistible nugget of nephew.


            Dad with his dog, Honey, who gets emotional when she's held!
            Ash likes these fake grapes. He likes real ones too.
            Grandpa demonstrates to Ash how to use his new golf club set.
            Ash really gets the hang of golfing!
            Ash receives an Elmo. Look at how lovingly his parents gaze on. :D

            The Elmo chase is on!
            Jumping Child has tons of energy.
            The strawberry birthday cake I made for my nephew's third birthday!
            Ash prepares for cake.
            Train cake toppers are definitely  more exciting than cake.
            Special party guests Elmo and Elmo.
            Farewell lunch for the DKS team. :(
            Jeaux's holiday gift for me was a Cookie Cat hat
            and Steven Universe gloves!


            Social Media counts:
             
            YouTube subscribers: 5,320 for swankivy (lost 7), 617 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 862 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,325 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 293 friends (no change) and 206 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 645 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (lost 2), 127 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,492 (1 new). Instagram followers: 99 (1 new).

            No comments:

            Post a Comment