Saturday, November 5, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: October 29 – November 4

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday was THE BIG HALLOWEEN PARTY. It was probably the least stressful Halloween party I've ever had, as I didn't do that much preparation for it and my costume was easy and no one was early so I didn't get frazzled! Awesome party with awesome costumes. I was dressed as Mabel from Gravity Falls (and Jeaux was Dipper). You can see our pics below. Many friends came, about a dozen people, and we ate my food. Some stayed until the wee hours playing Cards Against Humanity. Yay!
  • Sunday I just recuperated from the party. I didn't even wash dishes or clean up. I just ate a bunch of leftovers and was lazy! I invited my mom to come help me eat but she didn't feel like it so she waited until the next day. And I worked on my novel for the first time in a while! Incorporating some feedback from Bad Fairy from readers. I really need to consistently get back into this, but alas, I am so lazy! I also recorded a ukulele song.
  • Monday was back to work and also Actual Halloween. I wore a pumpkin sequin shirt and skeleton earrings to the office. Nobody else wore a costume or anything. I didn't go grocery shopping because I still had so much food left over! I brought my molasses-ginger animal cookies and my autumn leaf cookies to work to help get rid of them. Mommy came over after and ate up some pumpkin roll and pie! Oh and I paid bills. I didn't get any trick-or-treaters. :(
  • Tuesday was a nice slow day and I wore my Garnet-inspired superhero dress to work like a nerdo. I also drew some fanart, washed some dishes, and played my ukulele. And fiddled with my in-progress novel Ace of Arts a little bit, but didn't write anything new.
  • Wednesday was uneventful. I had IHOP food with Jeaux, and after we hung out at my place and listened to Night Vale. He ate my last piece of leftover pumpkin pie. :)
  • Thursday I didn't do much but I was asked to play admin on a company Facebook page and didn't want to use the existing page I have so I made a separate Facebook account to use for managing it. Heh. That night I drew webcomics and talked to Victor on the phone.
  • Friday was low-stress and I just did my office work, came home and finished the webcomic, annnnnnd kinda fell asleep in my clothes.

New reviews of my book:
      Interviews, Features, Mentions:
        • Blogger geekgirlmae mentioned my book as figuring into a search for a label. It's a neat little blog ramble.
          Reading progress:
          • Finished this week: Sorry, nothing. :(
          • Currently reading: The Free Lunch by Spider Robinson.
            New singing performances:

            This week's performance was "I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan.



            New drawings:

            I did two character sketches of Steven characters this week.

            A very sketchy doodle of the Gems from above,
            doodled while listening to Night Vale without references.
            Garnet with Baby Steven.
            If you wear glasses babies will always do this to you.

            Negative One weekly webcomic is up:



            Webcomic Negative One Issue 0599: "Honest People."






            New videos:

            My latest unlisted ukulele video: I played "Everything Stays," which is written by Rebecca Sugar and featured in Adventure Time's series "Stakes." I love this lullaby-like song.

             

            New photos:

            First, Halloween:

            My costume: MABEL FROM GRAVITY FALLS!
            Good likeness?
            Autumn Leaf Cookies
            Pumpkin Pie

            Jeaux came as Mabel's brother, Dipper.
            Yes? YES? Yes. We did a good job on these.
            Some photos of my guests:


            Benny as Spider-Man
            Joy as Rose, Derek no costume
            Katie in her Loki dress
            Meggie in her Rose Quartz dress
            Michael/Rachael: pirate/Kenshin
            Room of guests

            Joy as Rose Quartz from Steven Universe, doing something
            that's pretty scary in the context of the show
            Obligatory food selfie

            Not from the party: Me in my Garnet-inspired dress,
            being a secret superhero at work

            Social Media counts:
             
            YouTube subscribers: 5,346 for swankivy (4 new), 604 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 860 for swankivy (7 new), 1,316 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 203 followers (no change) for swankivy, 642 likes for JulieSondra (lost 3 lol), 57 likes for Negative One (1 new because my new fake Facebook liked it oops), 127 likes for So You Write (1 new for the same reason). Tumblr followers: 2,488 (4 new). Instagram followers: 89 (2 new).

            No comments:

            Post a Comment