Saturday, October 15, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: October 8 – October 14

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday I actually mostly just did things I'd been meaning to do all week! I also played my ukulele a lot and reviewed a book. Sigh.
  • Sunday I banged out a bunch of content--some videos and Internet maintenance, mostly. And I got the dishes and laundry done. I know it is super fascinating.
  • Monday I worked, went grocery shopping, and made sushi at home! I had never made sushi before and it was sort of successful but I made the rolls too big. And at night I did some video editing.
  • Tuesday I actually got a battery changed at the office so now it's not beeping all the time anymore. Mom didn't want to hang out so I did some drawings and made sushi again with my leftover materials. Came out much better this time!
  • Wednesday was spent buried in wires again and I helped the folks with graphics. I met Jeaux for Burger 21 food, and we went to my place to consume media: a news program, a silly Internet video, Night Vale, and a recording of a Steven Universe panel at a convention. I drew a picture while we were listening to the podcast. After he left I just worked on video editing and played ukulele.
  • Thursday was uneventful except I talked to Victor on the phone and drew pictures for my comic. It was a really good talk though.
  • Friday was sort of long at work, and afterwards I met Mom and we went shopping at Target together. I got a final piece for my Halloween costume and bought some fun plates for my party.

New reviews of my book:
      Interviews, Features, Mentions:
      • None.
      Reading progress:
        New singing performances:

        This week's performance was a duet with EmmaJane: "What Is This Feeling?" from Wicked!



        New drawings:

        I did some new Steven Universe drawings of an experimental sort this week.

        This one is my favorite Crystal Gem, Garnet, giving you the eye. Well, more than one.


        Pretty sure you will not succeed in hiding from her.

        And here I tried to draw her without using any references for the first time. I mostly got her details right, and it's decent for not using a model despite the variations.

        "~this is garnet~!"
        And finally, I tried another reference-less doodle of other characters, which was not quite as successful but it's still cute.

        Ruby and Sapphire, the show's power couple!
          
        And then the usual webcomic.



        Webcomic Negative One Issue 0596: "Faraway Shot."






        New videos:

        I decided to start uploading my ukulele videos to a hidden list on YouTube, so here's the latest: Cecilia by Simon and Garfunkel.




        And my latest asexuality video is Letters to an Asexual #40, which is about terminology we use and interpretations of contradictions in terms.


         

        New photos:

        In the process of making sushi for the first time.
        I made sushi rolls that turned out to be too big for my mouth.

        Social Media counts:
         
        YouTube subscribers: 5,336 for swankivy (lost 9), 601 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 846 for swankivy (4 new), 1,310 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 202 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 644 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 56 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,468 (1 new). Instagram followers: 87 (1 new).

        No comments:

        Post a Comment