Saturday, October 22, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: October 15 – October 21

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday I kinda did the minumum activity to not actually turn into a bump on a log. I recorded a new ukulele song, did a book review, and packed a bag for the early trip I'd be taking the next day. Ehh.
  • Sunday was awesome--it was my friend Victor's birthday party out at the Thai Temple, and almost everyone he invited came! My bus ride was almost a disaster but not quite--I almost missed the bus because my coffee mug turned out to be inappropriate at the last minute and I couldn't find a lid for the substitute! But I figured it out and ran for the stop, and made it with a minute to spare. Once at the Temple I got to see my friends Jeaux, Joy, Yasmin, Anita, and Eric. We ate good food and hung out for a long time, and I got some drawing done too! And then Joy was nice enough to drive me home so I didn't have to take three buses. I took a nap and spent the rest of the day chilling and doing laundry.
  • Monday was a long work day and was okay except a) my heels had blisters and b) I was hungry all day for some reason. I got computer stuff done, did grocery shopping after work, talked to my mom on the phone, played my ukulele, and got a bunch of dishes done--plus I decided to try the absurd Snack Sushi recipe I saw on a Steven Universe short (avocado sushi with . . . cheese puffs in it . . . yeah I don't know either). I took some weird pictures of it that are in the photos section.
  • Tuesday work was longer than expected because I stayed to finish a project but someone else wasn't done with their part so I didn't really need to stay. Then I met up with my mom and we ate at Burger Monger for the first time. She said her burger was good. I liked my grilled cheese! Then I showed my mom some ukulele songs. After she left I read and slept.
  • Wednesday I ordered pizza for the office and we had a spelling bee. It sounds weird, but we are a weird office. I didn't win it if you can believe that. Then I met Jeaux for Panera where I literally ate a cinnamon roll for dinner. We listened to Night Vale and didn't do much else, and after he left I also didn't do much else.
  • Thursday I woke up early for some reason and still didn't do anything important. I helped at work with a presentation and went home and read a book. Then I talked to Victor on the phone and played with some new toys that came in the mail. :)
  • Friday everyone at the office was out at a meeting except me and Jessica. It was a low-key day. Then I went home and did my webcomics and actually got some pretty important stuff done, like making a shopping list, buying a birthday gift, and making plans for my next webcomic storyboard. Also, I voted by mail.

New reviews of my book:
  • None.
      Interviews, Features, Mentions:
      • Nothing I wanna talk about. 
      Reading progress:
        New singing performances:

        This week's performance was "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" by Madonna.



        New drawings:

        I did some new Steven Universe drawings, one colored and one not.

        Messy pencil sketch of younger Steven
        learning ukulele.
        And the colors are off but this is my group Gem Hug. :)

        And then the usual webcomic stuff.



        Webcomic So You Write Issue 65: "Five Times."








        Webcomic Negative One Issue 0597: "In Our Hearts."






        New videos:

        I decided to start uploading my ukulele videos to a hidden list on YouTube, so here's the latest: Linger by the Cranberries. I know this isn't very good but I'm getting better at it, really.

         

        New photos:

        Victor making a weird face for our selfie at Thai Temple.
        Jeaux exists, though some don't believe it.
        Eric is a pretty princess.
        Joy is enjoying the noms and the sun.
        Eric and Jeaux.
        More Eric and Jeaux. I couldn't tell what I was photographing because it was bright.
        Jeaux and Anita.
        Making my Snack Sushi.
        Completed sushi rolls.
        Gonna feed some to my Lion like in the cartoons.
        Here's the cheese puff sushi up close. It's way good.
        Voted by mail!

        And the haircut comparison photos:

        Front, February 2014
        Front, October 2016
        Back, February 2014
        Back, October 2016

        Social Media counts:
         
        YouTube subscribers: 5,336 for swankivy (no change), 605 for JulieSondra (4 new). Twitter followers: 847 for swankivy (1 new), 1,304 for JulieSondra (lost 6). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 203 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 644 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 56 likes for Negative One (no change), 125 likes for So You Write (lost 1). Tumblr followers: 2,467 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 87 (no change).

        No comments:

        Post a Comment