Saturday, July 23, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: July 16 – July 22

Life news this week: 
  • As expected, the return of Steven Universe to television all week destroyed my productivity. Ho-hum. Five new episodes, and no end in sight. (Okay. Well. The end is in sight. It's August 12.)
  • Saturday I wrote a video, bought some crap online, and got a bunch of files organized and cleaned up on my computer. And I wrote some mails and did a comic.
  • Sunday I did my karaoke, made my video that I'd written the day before, and did some preliminary drawings for the next comic that I'll be doing this coming weekend at Drink and Draw. Had some issues with the video uploading though. It got flagged for copyright because I used a cartoon clip from Avatar that set off the auto-flag and got the video blocked in hundreds of countries. Boo!
  • Monday was a good day! Everything pretty much went right! I doodled some cartoons on my calendar at work so I could use them for spoiler posts on my Facebook for talking about cartoons each day. Went to the grocery store after work and saw my mom there! Then went to Jeaux's for cartoons, where we ate pizza, watched a show he wanted me to see called Wrecked (it was funny), and saw the double episodes of Steven ("Steven Floats," which we'd seen already because it aired in France, and "Drop Beat Dad," which was cute). Then I came home and fixed the problems with my writing video's copyright issues, and cleaned the kitchen.
  • Tuesday I wrote some more e-mails, watched Wrecked at Jeaux's and ate my remaining pizza, and got severely crushed into a pile of tears by the day's SU episode "Mr. Greg." Dang. (There are pictures of me crying but I won't post them.) You don't really have to understand the context to realize why a song like this makes people go to pieces. Mom came over after that and watched me clean the living room. We just hung out and chatted. I went to bed relatively early. Oh, and Victor got out of the hospital and went home!!
  • Wednesday I kicked rocks for the folks at the office and met Jeaux for food at Chili's. We saw Eric there! And then we went to watch cartoons. The episode of the day was "Too Short to Ride" and it was a lot of fun. Nice to have a lighter one after yesterday's. We went to my place (getting caught in the rain) and hung out watching stuff and talking. After he left I didn't do much but look at cartoon news.
  • Thursday I took care of a lot of business at work, including editing images in Paint and making people think I'm a wizard. Went to Jeaux's for popcorn and more new cartoons. "The New Lars" was the episode. Ehh. Not my favorite thing. I went home and avoided responsibility until Victor called and then I drew 9 of my 10 frames of my comic. Wow! And I downloaded a rhythm game for free for my phone. Soundtrack Attack is fun and cute.
  • Friday I worked and went to Jeaux's for the last episode of the week, "Beach City Drift," which was pretty good. We were also trying to watch some panel stuff from a Steven Universe panel but it just wasn't posted in its entirety anywhere yet. (I got to see it later though.) I finished my comic at home and posted it, and talked about background characters with my friends on Facebook.
    New reviews of my book:
    • None.
    Interviews, Features, Mentions:
     
    Reading progress:
    • Finished this week: Sorry, no reading, too distracted by cartoons.
    • Currently reading: Dumplin' by Julie Murphy.
      New singing performances:

      Here I'm singing "Life For Rent" by Dido.

       

      New drawings:

      Did a bunch of calendar drawings to celebrate Summer of Steven episodes. These were each drawn at work as sort of "guesses" about each episode's content focus, so I could use them in my Facebook posts to talk about episodes.

      Day 1: Steven floating and Sour Cream DJing.

      Day 2: Greg being a bazzzillionaire and Pearl being all wistful.

      Day 3: Peridot being salty because she can't ride the roller coaster.

      Day 4: Lars being a jerk.

      Day 5: Stevonnie offering to race Kevin.




      Webcomic So You Write Issue 62: "But You're a Girl."









      Webcomic Negative One Issue 0584: "Protect What's Inside."






      New videos:

      My video Writing Villains and Antagonists is up on my writing channel.


      New photos:

      Found this green pen at work, so I had to do green art!
      My shirt for Summer of Steven Day 1!
      SU cast shirt, watched "Steven Floats" and "Drop Beat Dad."
      My shirt for Summer of Steven Day 2!
      Mr. Universe shirt, watched "Mr. Greg."
      Not pictured: Crying that happened while watching "Mr. Greg."
      My shirt for Summer of Steven Day 3!
      Amethyst shirt, watched "Too Short to Ride."
      My shirt for Summer of Steven Day 4!
      Big Donut shirt, watched "The New Lars."
      My shirt for Summer of Steven Day 5!
      Garnet "Stronger Than You" shirt, watched "Beach City Drift."

      Social Media counts:
       
      YouTube subscribers: 5,355 for swankivy (1 new), 576 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 808 for swankivy (lost 10--account deletions must've happened or something, because I didn't tweet anything all week), 1,268 for JulieSondra (7 new). Facebook: 291 friends (no change) and 201 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 639 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 124 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,455 (2 new). Instagram followers: 76 (1 new).

      No comments:

      Post a Comment