Saturday, May 28, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: May 21 – May 27

Life news this week: 
  • On Saturday I talked to my mom on the phone and had Jeaux over in the afternoon. This is a pretty weird thing we usually wouldn't do, but it was for cartoons. (The official Cartoon Network station in France decided to show some new Steven Universe episodes this weekend and now their airing schedule is ahead of the US, so we watched the Saturday episodes from the French stream.) We got a pizza and hung out a while talking about the show. It's pretty amazing the level of same-sex couple stuff they're including in cartoons these days! After he left, I just did my blogging and checked out news on the Internet.
  • Sunday was kinda similar because the next cartoon episode was released in France so Jeaux and I did the same thing. The episode was cute. I also made a video and did some chores.
  • Monday I arranged the payment for the vacation home Meg and I are going to this summer! We have our house picked out. I worked, grocery shopped, napped, and addressed a bunch of editing for Bad Fairy 2 finally!
  • Tuesday I didn't get much done--I worked, and texted a bunch with my mom, and just kept feeling not real great so I napped a lot.
  • Wednesday we returned to Jeaux Day because we spoiled ourselves over the weekend and didn't get to have new cartoons for Thursday. But I did get to get a new Steven Universe comic book! #3 of the series came out and Jeaux and I biked to the comic store to buy it and ate at WTF Burger. Then we read links to each other and he left. I was sad later because the video game Jeaux is really excited about, No Man's Sky, has now been delayed, and he was texting me sad stuff all night. I reviewed my comic and went to bed.
  • Thursday was normal work stuff, and I chatted about the new cartoon episode that was on TV in the US that evening. Had my mom over and we ate really good popsicles together. I got a bunch of my comic drawing done.
  • Friday was more work stuff, and I went home and met up with Eric who took me to Mel's Hot Dogs. (I ate a veggie dog.) We hung out while I finished up my comic, and then I posted it after he left and went to bed. Exciting, I know.
    New reviews of my book:


    Interviews, Features, Mentions:

      • The Asexual Agenda included my essay about love and intimate nonsexual nonromantic relationships in their weekly linkspam.
      • Chrysocolla Town received the autographed bookplate she ordered from me and posted a picture of it.
         
        Reading progress:
          New singing performances:

          Here I'm singing "Lean On Me" by Bill Withers.

           

          New drawings:

          Some very detailed notes I took during a work meeting,
          featuring Greg Universe the rock star and Rose Quartz the star rock.

          Angry Peridot on my work calendar.
          She likes to talk to herself using a tape recorder.



          Webcomic Negative One Issue 0576: "Off Eastways."






          New videos:

          Letters to an Asexual #36 is out. It's about a guy who kept expressing that I "hadn't proved" I could not like sex, oblivious to the fact that I was not claiming to have proved such a thing AND SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.


          New photos: 

          I took a bad selfie as a joke in a Facebook thread but I don't think I need to share it here.

          Social Media counts:
           
          YouTube subscribers: 5,330 for swankivy (lost the 4 I got last week, haha), 567 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 786 for swankivy (2 new), 1,242 for JulieSondra (7 new). Facebook: 291 friends (no change) and 199 followers (no change) for swankivy, 634 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 56 likes for Negative One (no change), 121 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,443 (2 new). Instagram followers: 72 (2 new).

          No comments:

          Post a Comment