Saturday, January 2, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: December 26 – January 1

Life news this week: 
  • So much family! In a good way. Saturday I wandered over to my mom's house and made a delicious shepherd's pie for my family, and also my friend Steve from high school was visiting. My sister hadn't seen him in ten years, so they got to catch up and he got to meet my nephew Ash for the first time. It was nice seeing him again and then hanging out with my sister after everyone went to bed, just talking about things.
  • Sunday I was just trying to gather some loose ends together, including sending some thank-yous for presents received. I didn't get much "productive" done, but that's okay. I did make a video, though--a new video about why authors should not respond to reviews!
  • Monday I obsessed over upcoming cartoons through texting with Jeaux while also doing a decent amount of work at the office. Then at home I got some reading done before I went to sleep.
  • On Tuesday I worked on our office's presentation for next week, and then I spent some really quick sorta rushed time with my family. We squeezed in a tiny visit because P and her husband were going to a movie while our mom babysat, but she took me grocery shopping and we chilled just briefly before they left for the movie. (And then they couldn't get in, what a bummer!) There was a box at my mom's house that they'd made into a little cardboard house for Ash and it was so cute! I spent the evening writing the drafts for significant end-of-year blog posts so I wouldn't have to do it all in one day.
  • Wednesday was Jeaux Day and we ate at Ledo's while discussing cartoons. We are really excited about next week's little marathon. And you will have to forgive me for possibly being annoying about it next week, but I'll try not to completely explode. After he left I made orange muffins and pre-prepared a bunch of food for my New Year's Eve mini-party! I also had to baby-proof so my li'l nephew would be safe during the gathering.
  • Thursday was New Year's Eve, and I made BREAKFAST FOR DINNER. I had my family and Jeaux over for scrambled eggs, homemade waffles, frozen-and-baked potatoes, muffins, and fake bacon, plus coffee and whatnot. Topping the waffles was fun. :) We just hung out eating the food and entertaining each other. Unfortunately today was NOT a good day for my Meggie, whose husband is in the hospital and is not doing well. We chatted after everyone left and I cleaned up my place and un-baby-proofed while on the phone. Sigh.
  • Friday was New Year's Day! To be perfectly honest I did more cartoon obsessing, but I also ate a bunch of leftover waffles, paid all my bills, finished reading the book I was almost done with (making it my first review of 2016), and finishing my webcomic. I was thinking of going out because my sister invited me to hang out with Steve and his wife, but I napped through it--wasn't feeling 100% and can't decide if I have a cold or if I just have really indecisive sneezes. :/
    (There are no features or reviews this week because apparently nobody loves me enough to talk about me on the Internet at the moment. Like they're busy with other things.)
          Reading progress:


          New singing performances:

          Here I'm singing "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

           

          New drawings:

          I miiiiight have drawn Steven Universe characters on my calendar at work because I was excited.



          Webcomic Negative One Issue 0555: "Missed."





          New videos:

          Responding to Reviews is out and it's about why you SHOULDN'T REPLY when people review your book if you're a published author. (Unless you're having a personal, private conversation with a friend/acquaintance or it's a special situation.)

           

          New photos:  

          Here's the shepherd's pie I made for my family! Mom threw a bunch of mint on it for some reason, even though mint doesn't go with it.

          I got a blanket with Garnet from Steven Universe on it as my holiday gift from Jeaux, and I like it a lot.
          The little cardboard house my mom had at her place for Ash!
          Ash is watching The Point in a silly pose. He dances to the music.
          Ash is a little builder.
          My ridiculous orange juice muffins.
          Here's an action shot of my breakfast-for-dinner smorgasbord.
          Ash hanging out at my house on New Year's Eve--he found the perfect small chair for his small self.
          Ash is fake-sleeping in the chair on New Year's Eve.
          YouTube subscribers: 5,251 for swankivy (5 new this week), 545 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 718 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,196 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 286 friends (no change) and 185 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 626 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 116 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,308 (lost 5).

          1 comment: