Saturday, November 28, 2015

Personal Digest Saturday: November 21 – November 27

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday I finally finished the 5,000 Subscribers video's subtitles, processed a So You Write comic, and found out my short story "On the Inside" was published in James Gunn's Ad Astra. I did some more short story submissions too.
  • Sunday I didn't do much but make a writing video about character names. I just did some general website updates and watched some video game players on YouTube because silliness is fun.
  • Monday was tiring at work and I didn't do much besides reading and watching Let's Plays. And Tuesday I was also tired out by work stuff, and went to Mom's afterwards. I slept over and we were bad girls staying up late. I helped her with some household stuff like moving furniture. We ate at Panera. :)
  • Wednesday was Jeaux Day. He had rented a car for Thanksgiving so he already had it on Wednesday, which enabled us to go to a restaurant we usually don't get to go to because it's far away: Beef O'Brady's. It was yummy. We watched the latest Gravity Falls and listened to Night Vale. After he left I baked some muffins and talked to Victor on the phone.
  • Thursday was THANKSGIVING. I was invited to Jeaux's celebration so we drove out to Citra in his rental car. We had some lovely chats, mostly about feminism and cartoons, and got to listen to, uh, some interesting conversations at his parents' house. We ate good food, went home, and he dropped me off at my mom's, where I shared some Thanksgiving food. Then I helped her with more stuff and she drove me home later. I mostly spent the night being silly on the Internet.
  • Friday was a day off! I spent it mostly texting with Jeaux and drawing my webcomic and listening to a podcast and reading. It's nice to have a low-key day where I'm just not doing much.
    New reviews of my book: 

     
    Places featured:
      • Why do people struggle to understand that I'm asexual?: The Telegraph ran a piece about/by Robin Dibben, who runs the Pieces of Ace podcast; their interview with me is embedded in the article and has received a lot of views from this article.
      • The Asexual Agenda featured one of my blog posts on the importance of ace awareness and why we shouldn't limit education due to worry that someone else will misinterpret themselves as asexual when they're not.
      • Article Cats did a cursory examination of asexuality and mentioned me and my book prominently.
        Reading progress:

        • Completed reading: Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor. Four-star review.
        • Currently reading: Lumberjanes: Volume 1 by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Shannon Watters, & Brooke Allen.

        New singing performances:

        Here I'm singing "Land of Confusion" by Genesis.

         

        New drawings:


        Webcomic Negative One Issue 0550: "Good Little Girl."





        Webcomic So You Write Issue 54: "Favorite Author."





        New videos:

        Character Names video!




        New photos:  

        None. 

        Social media counts: 

        YouTube subscribers: 5,214 for swankivy (20 new this week), 530 for JulieSondra (4 new). Twitter followers: 712 for swankivy (3 new), 1,187 for JulieSondra (10 new). Facebook: 286 friends (no change) and 184 followers (no change) for swankivy, 623 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 112 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,223 (5 new).

        No comments:

        Post a Comment