Saturday, October 31, 2015

Personal Digest Saturday: October 24 – October 30

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday I dove into a week of preparation for my Halloween party, because I knew it was going to be my last weekend before the party actually happened. I wanted to use having a party as an excuse to clean my house, so I set about cleaning the office room. My mom came over and helped me clean some of my toys and hung out with me, and we ate macaroni and nothing. I stayed up all night cleaning the office.
  • Sunday I completed the Great Office Cleaning of 2015. Since this is where I spend most of my time, I really like that the office room is so clean now! I also cleaned up the hallway and did some laundry. I also posted a video about demisexual invalidation.
  • On Monday after work I cleaned my bedroom. Thoroughly. Like, even under the bed. And then I redecorated for Halloween. Looks so nice!
  • On Tuesday I cleaned the bathroom, which was the final room to clean. And I started making the food that could be made early, like the cookies that keep for a long time. I made ginger molasses dough for my animal cookies and spent the evening cutting out tiny shapes to bake.
  • Wednesday was Jeaux Day and our restaurant was IHOP, where I had a coupon for a free stack of pancakes. We also watched the latest Gravity Falls (I screamed a lot, I'm afraid), and then after Jeaux left I swept my porch, baked two pumpkin pies, and drew the pencils for my Halloween poster.
  • Thursday morning I got up early so I could do some errands before work. I dropped some stuff off at a clothes donation place and did grocery shopping. Then I came home and did a Skype interview with someone at Convergence magazine who's covering asexual media representation, and afterwards I made my cream cheese pumpkin roll and my autumn leaf cookies. And got my windows washed and some final decorations up. (I wanted to hang shiny spiders from the ceiling.)
  • And Friday I did some last shopping, finished drawing my comic, and made vegan pumpkin brownies, banana muffins, and pumpkin muffins. And colored my Halloween door sign for my party. Huzzah!
    Places featured:
        • Blogger wearmanyhats photographed a copy of my book and declared intent to highlight its text and read it aggressively in front of family.
            Reading progress:

            • Completed reading: Well, as you could see by my week-in-review, I was pretty busy and I decided not to try to cram in reading too. I didn't finish anything this week. Back to it next week!
            • Currently reading: The Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale.

            New singing performances:

            Here I'm singing "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith.

             

            New drawings:

            My door sign for the Halloween party featuring a bunch of my favorite cartoons (The Party God and Finn from Adventure Time, Mabel from Gravity Falls, Keef from Invader Zim, Space Ghost from Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Garnet from Steven Universe, and Wakko from Animaniacs):





            Webcomic Negative One Issue 0546: "Pretending to Know."





            New videos:

            Letters to an Asexual #30 is here, dealing with demisexual invalidation and other forms of the same.

             

            New photos:  

            I didn't take any pictures except some snapshots of my cookie-baking, so I won't post that here.

            Social media counts: 

            YouTube subscribers: 5,172 for swankivy (14 new this week), 521 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 698 for swankivy (1 new), 1,179 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 287 friends (no change) and 183 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 620 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 111 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,212 (5 new).

            No comments:

            Post a Comment