Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wednesday Factoid: Strange Food

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

I'm not an adventurous eater so I probably don't have a very interesting answer to this.

I might eat a few things other people think are weird. Like baby food, egg roll wrappers, and artichokes (not just the hearts). But I guess if I have to pick one weirdest food it would probably be something I ate in Japan.



I tried a bunch of different sushi (all vegetarian) and managed to consume a natto roll. I thought it was good! Not sure what other foreigners are always complaining about! If you don't know what the big deal is about natto, you should know it is a fermented soybean dish that is perceived as kind of slimy and smells like feet. People apparently fear it. When I was visiting Japan, a school child asked me "can you eat natto?" Like can you, is it physically possible? Well, apparently yes. And it was anticlimactic. I just ate it. It was fine.

Making okonomiyaki was kind of neat too, and maybe strange to some people.


It's like a do-it-yourself grilling thing where you mix the batter and other ingredients up in a bowl and cook it on the in-table grill like a pancake and eat it.

Like I said, I am not an adventurous eater. Sorry to disappoint you.

No comments:

Post a Comment