Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Wednesday Factoid: Hospital

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: Have you ever been admitted to a hospital? Why?

Nope! I haven't. I've never been hospitalized and have led a pretty happily injury- and illness-free life. Except for some weirdness in the last two years that's frankly completely baffling and remains unsolved.

I did spend a few hours in the emergency room a few months ago, though.


Never did figure out why I had a weird heartbeat. I went to the cardiologist after, and had a bunch of tests and nothing ever got solved. Which is weird because it was doing not-normal things for months and then sort of became consistently weird right around the time I went to the ER, and then that was literally the last time it happened.

It's like those computers that have an error and then when you get someone in to fix it it won't do the thing, you know?

All the weird medical issues I had around the same time seem to have evaporated with no explanation too. I was having a weird breathing thing and my hip and back were bothering me and I had a mysterious abdomen pain (not like a digestive thing, just a weird pain there). And despite multiple ultrasounds and a CT scan and a bunch of random medication there's just no diagnosis and no explanation for anything. I actually have had a couple mild issues with my leg and hip bugging me since then but nothing like it was. I think maybe it's just an inflammation thing and I still have yet to figure out what my body hates.

Blecch.

1 comment: