Saturday, January 10, 2015

Personal Digest Saturday: January 3 – January 9

Life news this week: 
  • Spent last weekend mostly planning for my birthday trip. Meghan and I are going to Cape Coral! And when we return to Tampa, we'll be seeing a musical to end with a bang. Want to get me a present?? Really?? Aww that's so nice of you! My birthday is January 17. My wish list is here. (Even old things on it are up to date!)
  • I got my first article published in Psychology Today. This will be a semi-regular thing as I have to blog a minimum amount to get paid. Haha. (But I'm allowed to recycle content I've published elsewhere, which I will definitely be doing.) This time I didn't, though, since it was my debut blog, and I decided to cover "Asexuality and the Health Professional."
  • Had a special adventure on Jeaux Day--we trekked out to Citrus Park Mall on the bus and saw Into the Woods in the theater, then ate at Red Robin. They had TWO different vegetarian burgers available (I got the Boca one) and bottomless french fries, which made me laugh a LOT because they were actually served in a little metal cup in which the fries stood up like flowers in a vase, and when you pick up the "cup," it actually IS BOTTOMLESS and the fries slide down onto your plate. We had a huge laugh over that because it was new to us. We went to his house after and watched two episodes of the new show Galavant--the musical comedy fairy tale. Hilarious. It was a very musical-ish day.
  • Book club happened on Thursday. Our book was Hurricane Punch by Tim Dorsey, a Florida author who writes zany mysteries. I think I was the only person who actively disliked it, though one other person wasn't liking it and didn't finish it. The others seemed to enjoy it or actively think it was hilarious. Not sure why. We ate at Burger 21 afterwards.
  • Mommy randomly came over on Friday while I was finishing my comics. She basically came over entirely to feed me ice cream with chocolate sauce and raspberries. She left a bunch of food with me (mostly stuff she won't eat that my sister and brother-in-law left behind; she doesn't eat hippie food). We hung out and watched some silly videos too.
  • I'm going to send my science fiction romance book to my agent very soon, but I keep not getting to finish my last read-through before sending it to her. I should have that completed by the end of the weekend though. She'll consider it and decide if she wants to rep it.
New reviews of my book:
            • Sichtbar werden: The German-language blog fructus dulces reviewed the book. You have to put it through a translator if you don't read German. It seems to mostly just describe what's in the book, express appreciation for its existence, express surprise that the romantic gray areas were discussed before the sexual gray areas (as in, I discussed demiromantic and grayromantic before demisexual and graysexual--just happens to be how it fell due to romantic orientation–related information coming before the "gray areas" section), and express that its section on different experiences for asexual people of color is only describing said experience in the USA (which I several times identified as applying to "in the West," but sometimes Europe is considered "the West" too). Interesting thoughts.

                        Places featured:
                          Reading progress:
                          • Completed reading: Eyeshield 21: Volume 23 by Riichiro Inagaki and Yusuke Murata. Five-star review.
                          • Completed reading: Eyeshield 21: Volume 24 by Riichiro Inagaki and Yusuke Murata. Five-star review.
                          • Currently reading: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.

                          New singing performances:

                          Here I'm singing "Building a Mystery" by Sarah McLachlan.


                           
                          New drawings:



                          Webcomic Negative One Issue 0504: "A Little Flower."

                          New videos:

                          Nope. 

                          New photos:  

                          Hot white mocha with almond milk and vegan marshmallows!

                          Social media counts:YouTube subscribers: 4,234 for swankivy (23 new this week), 428 for JulieSondra (4 new). Twitter followers: 601 for swankivy (3 new), 812 for JulieSondra (5 new). Facebook: 273 friends (no change) and 156 followers (no change) for swankivy, 510 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 90 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,782 (7 new).

                          No comments:

                          Post a Comment