Saturday, October 4, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: September 27 – October 3

Life news this week: 
  • Much quieter week, thank goodness. Just spent some time working on what awards I might be eligible to win for my book and preparing applications where necessary. And mostly reading and catching up on personal projects, plus doing "responsible" stuff like paying bills. I REALLY need to answer e-mail though.
  • I try to do a video for each of my two channels once a month, and one of my webcomics updates every week while the other updates every month. With all the excitement and attention of September, it was hard for me to meet those goals, but I did manage to get one more video and the monthly webcomic done in September, so I'm happy that I still met my self-imposed goals. :)
  • I beat up on my Pitch Wars manuscripts a little and did some revising on my science fiction romance novel.
  • Got my September newsletter sent out. (You can sign up to receive the newsletter here. It doesn't come out often--just when I have news, so only six times since I started it around a year ago.)
  • Completed some interview questions for a UK magazine and set up some stuff to be interviewed on the BBC again.
  • I ate at IHOP with Jeaux this week. Then we went to my place and chatted and listened to the newest Night Vale episode.
Places featured:
  • A.S.P.I.E. - Autism Spectrum Pride In Everything Facebook group linked my Salon article and discussed its applicability.
  • YouthVoices.net mentioned me.
  • cassandraswarning on Blogger is discussing asexuality and mentions my book.
  • There was also a gross writeup on a "political" site (I say "political" with scare quotes on purpose). I mentioned it in a previous blog post. It mentioned my book as it mocked asexuality, but I really don't think I need to link to something that was constructed specifically to be dismissive and vicious, not constructive or respectfully critical. It was just a hate-wank fest that deliberately redefined our terminology so they could mock it and laughed uproariously at the idea that we need to have any organizations or communities because we're literally all about "not doing anything."
Reading progress:

  • Finished reading: The Mother Tongue: English and How It Got That Way by Bill Bryson. Four-star review.
  • Currently reading: Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep.

New singing performances:

Here I'm singing Limahl's "Never Ending Story." Nostalgic and fun to sing, especially with these harmonies.


 
New drawings:



Webcomic Negative One Issue 0490: "The End of Wanting."

 


Webcomic So You Write Issue 40: "The Big Lie."

New videos:

Here's a short one about advice authors give to each other and how important it is to find what works for you instead of slavishly committing to what works for others: Writing Every Day?



New photos:


Nada.

Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 3,881 for swankivy (26 new this week), 383 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 559 for swankivy (6 new), 734 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 272 friends (1 new) and 142 followers (no change) for swankivy, 473 likes for JulieSondra (23 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 84 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,578 (11 new).

No comments:

Post a Comment