Saturday, October 11, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: October 4 – October 10

Life news this week: 
  • Had an interview on a live BBC show this week (Monday); I had to be on at about 4 AM because of the time difference, but that's okay because I'm usually still awake at that time because I'm weird. I got to listen to a bunch of news about trains messing up before my piece came.

  • Went to Mom's on Monday instead of going to work. She was supposed to have a medical thing that day and I arranged to have the day off, and we ended up watching Throw Momma From the Train because my mom found out I'd never seen it and decided it was a travesty that I hadn't. She bought it on DVD. Heh.

  • I've been working with my publisher this week on submitting applications for awards my book might be eligible for.

  • Book club met this week. We discussed the book Spider's Bite and went to dinner together at Burger 21. It was an enjoyable discussion and the chat at the restaurant was nice too. People are cool about asking me how my book is doing and stuff!

  • My friend and long-time critique partner Jay published a book through Amazon this week and that's some pretty damn huge news. I read it in draft format, but I probably need to reread it before I can review it.

  • I ate at Five Guys with Jeaux this week. Then we went to my place and chatted and watched the newest Legend of Korra episode; Season 4 just started. Oooh.
New reviews of my book:

Places featured:
  • BBC Radio Berkshire: Andrew Peach interviewed me. You can hear my bit about 2 hours and 20 minutes in.
  • Pub Hub mentioned me; one of my blog posts on responding to the ridiculous Salon comments is linked.
Reading progress:

New singing performances:

Here I'm singing Roxette's "Listen to Your Heart." I apologize for the belting that doesn't really work.


 
New drawings:



Webcomic Negative One Issue 0491: "Open to Me."

New videos:

None.  

New photos:

Taking selfies while waiting for the radio host to finish
talking about train delays. . . .


Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 3,881 for swankivy (29 new this week), 384 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 563 for swankivy (4 new), 738 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 272 friends (no change) and 145 followers (3 new) for swankivy, 480 likes for JulieSondra (7 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 84 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,589 (11 new).

1 comment:

  1. i think the belting really does work, love the end part where you're screaming it loud. funny how i never realize these songs they make into dance tracks, are actually covers, wouldn't have realized Roxette sung this song.

    ReplyDelete