Monday, October 27, 2014

30-Week Writing Survey: Week 30: Tagged

WEEK THIRTY OF THE SURVEY FOR AUTHORS!

QUESTIONS ARE  HERE!

Today's question: Tag someone! And tell us what you like about that person as a writer and/or about one of their characters!

I'm gonna tag that jerk Whitney Fletcher because he said he was so gonna do this survey and then he never posted it. Maybe he's, like, busy actually writing or working or being alive or something.

And I really wanted to see his answers.

Whitney was my Pitch Wars mentee last year and I really enjoyed Ingrid, Whitney's protagonist in his urban fantasy novel (which I think is currently titled Valkyrja). I liked a ton of things about the story--obviously, since I picked it--and really enjoyed the complexities of the protagonist. When she was mean to herself or others, it wasn't annoying, and she had a soft side that wasn't expressed in a predictable way, and she was a foul-mouthed cab-driving ex-Valkyrie lesbian, which you just don't see every day. I liked that she could be as blunt as she was and still be complex. And I liked how her insecurity looked a lot like her pride when expressed on the outside, but that we as the readers got to know better.

And that's it. That's the end of the survey!

Now I have to find another one to do. . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment