Monday, September 29, 2014

30-Week Writing Survey: Week 26: Character Drawings

WEEK TWENTY-SIX OF THE SURVEY FOR AUTHORS!

QUESTIONS ARE  HERE!

Today's question: Do you draw your characters? Do others draw them? Share a drawing/some drawings of your characters, created by yourself or others!

Do I draw my characters? DO I DRAW MY CHARACTERS? THBPPTBLURGLE!

Yeah. Yeah, I draw my characters. Obviously I draw a webcomic so there are characters I draw there, and I love doodling my fictional folks either for fun or to help me figure out what they even look like.

My drawings are generally pretty cartoony, even when they lean toward realistic proportions. I like drawing in black and white kinda for effect, but then I also like experimenting with color.

Here are a few drawings from Bad Fairy:

Here's protagonist Delia, having recently entered magick school, experimenting with her first wand:


Here's a ridiculous group drawing I did of all the fairy students and teachers from Delia's class, so I could figure out what they all looked like:


A cute one of Delia being exasperated with her study partners Fiona and Drake because they seemed to be studying each other more than the material (she's leaning on the table, so she looks even smaller than usual):


Now here are a few drawings from Finding Mulligan:

Black and white drawing of Dia and Mulligan from dreamland:


The same couple in color:


Here's one from Stupid Questions:

Nick and Summer texting each other and being silly.


Here are some from webcomic Negative One:

Meri Lin, mom of the world's weirdest baby
Adele, a prophet chick from another dimension

Weaver & Dax, weird pals also from another dimension
 
"Photo" of baby Ivy
Here's something from a short story called "On the Inside":


Girls playing house!
 I kind of draw characters a lot so I could keep posting them all day, but . . . I'll stop. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment