Saturday, August 16, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: August 9 – August 15

Life news this week: 
  • Pitch Wars has opened for submissions! Here is the submission site if you're planning to enter with a completed manuscript.
  • My book's hardcover copies arrived at the warehouse so my copies will be coming to me very soon!
  • I posted a ton of new reviews again on Goodreads on my author account, and I became the #4 top reviewer of the week. You can add my Goodreads account if you haven't already.
  • Book club this week was a lot of fun--got more time to talk to people and there were more members there. The book we'd read was Field of Blood by Denise Mina. Some people liked it and some people didn't.
  • My friend Victor officially has a girlfriend and I'm ridiculously happy for him.
  • I ate at Moe's with Jeaux this week. We went to his house to watch America's Got Talent and Legend of Korra. Had fun talking about Internet drama.
Places featured: 
  • I was mentioned in Georgia Political Review, but I never spoke to anyone there. They just lifted quotes from me and others and republished them.
  • We had a Pitch Wars–related "Ask the Mentors!" event to answer entrants' questions before submissions opened, and afterwards, Mentor Dan posted this overview, which mentions me and how apparently I am hilarious.
  • I was interviewed about my book by Brian from Everything's A-Okay video, and the cute little video is here.

Reading progress:

  • Finished Captain Underpants #10 by Dav Pilkey. ★★★
  • Currently reading Fairy Tales in Electri-City by Francesca Lia Block.

New singing performances:

"Borderline" by Madonna

New drawings:



Webcomic Negative One Issue 0483: "About Being Strong."


New videos:

Not made by me, but I was interviewed by Brian from AOkayVideo about my upcoming book:




New photos:


My editor tweeted this--copies are in at the warehouse!
Got to eat one of my favorite Graze snacks.

And since the 15th has come and gone, here are my monthly haircut comparison photos, so you can see how my hair's growing.


2/15/14 back
8/15/14 back
2/15/14 front
8/15/14 front

Social media counts:

YouTube subscribers: 3,687 for swankivy (12 new this week), 371 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 534 for swankivy (no change), 621 for JulieSondra (61 new--yeah, it's all Pitch Wars again). Facebook: 262 friends (no change) and 129 followers (no change) for swankivy, 386 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 78 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 1,459 (8 new).

No comments:

Post a Comment