Saturday, June 14, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: June 7 – June 13

Life news this week: 

  • I had a last little hangout with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew, and my newly married sister Lindsay came over to my mom's to see everyone. We had some food from GrillSmith and had a lovely little time.
  • Got to see the Meggie! She came into town and we had some PDQ and I loaned her a bunch of books for her big brain. Also ended up talking to my friend Stacy on the phone after not speaking for many moons.
  • Finished my third-pass edits and sent them in. Things are moving!
  • My dear old friend and college roommate John just won a Tony Award. (He was a producer on The Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder, which won Best Musical.) I saw him on the stage smiling, though he was not the one giving the speech! Unreal!
  • I got my advance reading copies of my book, which are for raffling off at the conference I'm going to. It was super cool to have the book in my hands, even though it's an early version!
  • I found out from my publicist that my book is going to have a featured excerpt in TIME Magazine and I'm freaking out. Gosh! It was hard to pick the 600 words that would get featured, too.
  • I ate at New York's Best Pizza with Jeaux this week. Then we watched some America's Got Talent. Also got talk to my mentee on the phone again, yay.

Places featured: 
    Timeless Tales, the magazine that accepted my short story "Your Terms," has me listed in their author bio page now. Check it out!

Reading progress:

  • Finished Lord of the Flies by William Golding. ★★
  • Currently reading Captain Underpants #9 by Dav Pilkey.

New singing performances:



Recorded "No Rain" by Blind Melon.






New drawings:



Webcomic Negative One Issue 0474: "Something Amazing."









Webcomic So You Write Issue 37: "It's All the Same."
 







New videos:

None! But soon.


New photos:

ARCs, of course.

My newly married baby sister with my baby nephew.

Social Media Counts:

YouTube subscribers: 3,430 for swankivy (18 new this week), 346 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 496 for swankivy (3 new), 418 for JulieSondra (11 new). Facebook: 252 friends (friended Sam) and 124 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 351 likes for JulieSondra (5 new), 48 likes for Negative One (1 new), 70 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,365 (20 new).

No comments:

Post a Comment