Saturday, June 28, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: June 21 – June 27

Life news this week: 

  • I am in Canada! Leaving the country for the first time in ten years, I spent Friday flying to Toronto. (And dealing with a fair amount of frustrating events actually getting into the hotel, but I digress.)
  • Got my second advance check from the asexuality book. Hooray.
  • Participated in Dahlia Adler's blog hop for her book release. Her book is called Behind the Scenes so we were all posting "behind the scenes" blog posts about behind the scenes of something in our own lives. It was fun. :) 
  • Redecorated for midsummer over the weekend! Everything's summery now, with themes of shells and weddings, summer fruits, and full bloom.
  • Got to see my mom and hang out; we ate some GrillSmith food and just caught up on everything.

  • I wrote sort of a little short story on the plane. I didn't want to write it with my phone--tedious!--so I ended up taking the one piece of paper I had and covering it with scrawling. :)
  • I had to go to the doctor twice (once for the initial appointment to complain about my hip like an old person, and once for X-rays). And I'll get to have the pleasure of returning four more times for other procedures. Woo.
  • I ate at Burger 21 with Jeaux this week. Then we watched some America's Got Talent and silly YouTube videos.

Places featured: 

  • New review for The Invisible Orientation: A long review on Mark Carrigan's site.
  • The Pitch Wars mentor list is up for August's contest on Brenda Drake's blog, and I am on it.

Reading progress:

  • Finished Wood Nymph Seeks Centaur by Francesca Lia Block. ★★
  • Currently reading Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman.

New singing performances:



Recorded "Hotel California" by the Eagles.






New drawings:



Webcomic Negative One Issue 0476: "Making Splashes."






New videos:



Julie Sondra on Rejection








New photos:

"Practicing" my table setup for my event.
Glasses add to the studious look. Animaniacs shirt doesn't.
OR DOES IT?

Part two of my advance for the asexuality book.
 
Jeaux found this in the vending machine.
He let the Coke machine order him around.

When I got to Canada I was hot for some reason!
So I turned on the A/C and was surprised at myself!

Look, Canadian currency! Got some of this so I would
be more likely to blend in with the natives, haha.
I was hungry and didn't want to buy candy bars from the hotel lobby,
so I took a risk and wandered outside and DIDN'T GET LOST while
buying sushi. If I look like I'm about to cry, it's because I'm actually
ridiculously proud of myself because I was brave about going out
in a foreign country and I didn't get lost!

Cute purse made for me by Kari goes on its maiden voyage.

Social Media Counts:

YouTube subscribers: 3,490 for swankivy (35 new this week), 352 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 511 for swankivy (7 new), 455 for JulieSondra (35 new). Facebook: 254 friends (2 new--both really old friends, Chris and Mark) and 125 followers (no change) for swankivy, 364 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 73 likes for So You Write (2 new). Tumblr followers: 1,379 (13 new).

No comments:

Post a Comment